Friday, May 15, 2009

May 15, 2009

 

Daily Activities:

            I began my day today at 12:00 where I met Diane and Stephanie at the office. We started our day with a small quiz on the shoulder joint and a presentation on our research that we did. After that our first patient came in with a shoulder injury, which was somewhat ironic but good for Stephanie and I to work with after we just studied the joint. We watched Diane as she started the appointment with a light and easy massage to loosen up the muscle and nerves. Since this woman’s shoulder was in too much pain, Diane only put the patient on Stimulation and went over the exercises with that patient that Diane gave her a week ago.

            Our second patient, who was a student at Proctor Academy who is a good friend of mine suffered from a over arched foot, and received surgery and is now recovering with Diane. For this patient Diane started him off with a few minutes on the bike and then a few minutes of stretching. After that Diane had him engage in a series of strength test to see how his foot and ankle were coming along, some of the exercises that he had to do were a leg lift, and a body weight press with one foot on the total gym. When he was done with that Diane put him on stimulation and described his  injury and the rehab that he must go through to Stephanie and I.

            I am really looking forward to tomorrow because Diane is bringing Steph and I to an open ACL surgery in Nashua New Hampshire. The presentation begins at 8:15 and goes until 10:00 followed by the surgery at 11:15. 

No comments:

Post a Comment