May 18th – May 22nd, 2009
Weekly Reflection:
Looking back on my last week of senior project I could not believe how fast three weeks has actually gone, and how much I have learned in such a short period of time. I came into Diane’s PT knowing very little of physical therapy and the techniques that fall into the field of physical therapy. I began only observing and asking questions, and soon I gained the responsibility and opportunity to work with our own patients, and learn the business of physical therapy.
If you had to compare the three weeks to how much fun and exciting they were, this week would be it. Unlike the first two weeks where I was doing a lot of observing and asking questions, and not really getting into hands on, and working with the patients, with the exception of some patients. This week Diane trusted Stephanie and I to assist her and work independently with our own patients. Since the first weeks were learning and going over the proper techniques of healing a broken bone and working with a pulled muscle, I felt that I was ready to work and take the responsibility of another person, and help rehabilitate them.
I think that Diane gave us this opportunity to work with our own people to show us what we learned and what we are capable of. This week was definitely a big step, Diane giving us the responsibility and teaching us new things, like the ultra sound machine. Also like the tedious but necessary work for a physical therapy practice to work properly. For example, I recently found out there is a lot of paper work, almost too much if you ask me. I never really knew how much time actually goes into paper work, Diane constantly had to look over doctors notes, insurance, policies, rights, etc. which definitely gave me a reality check that told me its not all fun and games for a physical therapist.
Overall, this week enabled me to see how far I have come in experience and knowledge of the human body, and the techniques of physical therapy and the confidence in helping other people with what I have learned. It was a very interesting week, and a good wrap-up for senior project.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment